The meme just went ’round talking about things individuals have done that others probably haven’t. (Hi Lise!) Okay, fine. This looks like relatively harmless fun. I’m in. Here are ten things I’ve done that you probably haven’t.
- Written, choreographed a number for, and performed in a dance musical. There were pirates.
- Broken into a closed Buddhist temple in China.
- Made my sister into a video game character as her college graduation present.
- Rowed the Davey Crockett Explorer Canoes at Disneyland before work.
- Tricked my mother onto a thrill ride.
- Assembled an international team and paid them out of my own pocket to develop a game I came up with.
- Run a game development studio where the women outnumbered the men.
- Come home to find my apartment surrounded by police, with a dead man on my living room floor.
- Fallen off the Great Wall of China (those steps are for much smaller feet)
- Watched lava flow downhill towards me at night.
If anyone has had any of these things happen in your life, I’d love to hear about it.
I am really very interested to hear the stories behind these. Most of all for number 8!
I did seriously consider putting “Had someone call me up with the salutation, ‘There’s a dead man in my living room’ who was absolutely serious”
There were 10 very long seconds or so when I was absolutely certain I’d gotten that “Friends help friends move bodies” phone call.
Let’s see, I’m not sure I can come up with 10, but I do have few.
1. Ridden in a hot air balloon
2. Went to Australia all by myself
3. Got a marriage proposal from Bruce Campbell
4. Got Patrick Stewart to autograph my copy of Hamlet
5. Met someone from my hometown on the top of Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh, Scotland
6. Asked my favorite science fiction author to lunch. She accepted.
7. Turned down a full scholarship to MIT
8. Attended Judo and Fencing competitions at the 1996 Olympics
9. Wrote a novel
10. Discovered I was black